Thursday 24 August 2017

Thetford Forest

Today, I had the pleasure of cycling the 'Lime Burner' red route in Thetford Forest on the Norfolk/Suffolk border.



Despite the car park being incredibly busy, with it being the summer holidays, the trail itself was incredibly quiet - I only saw one other set of cyclists on the entire route around!

August2017

I enjoyed the peaceful surroundings of the forest, and the Lime Burner trail was very enjoyable.  At 10 miles, I had enough energy left at the end to explore other areas of the forest.  Of all of the trail centres I've visited, this has to be the flattest; I should probably have expected this with its location.  The section entitled 'The Beast' is the exception, with a wonderful set of challenging gradients to navigate; at the end of The Beast section there is an option to loop back to repeat and I would definitely recommend this.

The Lime Burner trail is designated red, but there are a number of black sections entitled 'pits' along the route for the more experienced riders.

August2017


August2017

I would recommend a visit to Thetford Forest for any keen cyclist, although it may not perhaps offer the technical challenges of other trail centres.  Also, brace yourself for the car park charges!

No comments:

Post a Comment